Thursday, October 9, 2014

Jesus Isn't The Opening Band



“Well, I know you don’t believe in God, but you don’t want to go to Hell, do you?”

When I hear people say that to non-believers, it really grinds my gears, ya know? Maybe you don’t know. But you’re about to find out why it does make me extremely frustrated.

I've heard countless people say it to others. I've said it a few times myself a few years ago. And I've even been told it a couple of times. And the fact that so many people make going to Heaven a reason for believing that Jesus is our Lord and savior and following His word, is really frightening. If the only reason you're following God's word and trusting in Him is so you get a ticket into Heaven, is like saying Heaven is above God, more important and more satisfying. 

When going to a concert, there is always a band or performer that typically opens up for the main band. The majority of the people in the venue are going to be there for the ending band, the one who is most likely on tour and who set the concert up to begin with. Everyone knows the band, everyone likes the band and everyone knows their songs. However, the opening band is typically one that not many people have heard of and one who people don't know their songs. In most cases, people going to the concert will look up the opening band, listen to some songs, get to know them a little, all so that they are comfortable and know what is happening leading up to the main band. 

When we say people need to believe in God so they can go to Heaven, is like saying you need to believe in God, and read up on Him a bit so you know what's happening when you get to Heaven, but only focusing on the Heaven part and not at all on Jesus and what he did for you to get into Heaven. You should believe and follow God's word because you know it's true and you want to personally know God more. Not so you can get into Heaven.

That's just a little tid bit that I've been thinking about this week. So, don't say that. Cause, no. 





~Link Life ~


This is the extended version of Riley and I's music video intro

Riley and I went to Springfield for Chick-fil-A and put 30x

butter on my sandwich instead of my preferred 4.



The gas is actually now $2.89. so....

I'm not sure how it happened

but yesterday

I ended up cooking Chick-fil-A for Link Dinner.

With help from my other chefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment