Thursday, December 19, 2013

Homosexuality.

I've been seeing countless shared links and comments about Duck Dynasty and Phil's response to homosexuality. In seeing all of these, I've been thinking about the issue and what made it such a big deal.
We hear it all the time, Christians are judgmental and hypocrites.
Yes. We are.
By we, though, I mean everybody. The world, everyone it it. Not just Christians. I mean think about it, millions of people are judging Phil right now because of the things that he said when voicing his opinion on homosexuality. But let's all ignore that part and just stick to the fact that Phil doesn't agree with homosexuality and suspend him from the show and throw hate at him. K?

Did Phil said he was going to try everything in his power to stop homosexuality because it's awful and the people doing it are going to ruin society and go to hell? No. His exact words were 

 "...However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

He didn't say he would judge them, he said he would love them.
I think as Christians, most of us have focused mainly on making sure the world sees us as nonjudgmental and open-minded, then focusing on what we actually believe as Christians. I, personally, do not condone homosexuality and gay marriage. That is just a personal opinion. Now, when you look at it in the Bible, the Bible also does not condone it. However, the Bible also does not condone lying, cheating, stealing, murder, etc. In our world, we have created a sin scale, we line every sin up shoulder to shoulder and rate it on how bad it is. That is not the case with God. God sees our sin as.... well... lets say Oreos. The world looks at our sins as stacks of Oreos. Some higher than others because of sins we've committed. God, looks at the stacks of Oreos from up above. He sees them as just one Oreo each. No person better than another. 

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Well dang. Those are a lot of people that aren't gonna inherit the kingdom of God. Right? Everyone focuses on those two verses when disagreeing with homosexuality. However, what about the verse right after it? 

"And such were some of you; but you were washed but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God."
1 Corinthians 6:11'

God didn't die on the cross for only a few sinners. He died on the cross for EVERY sinner and EVERY sin. It irritates me so much when I hear Christians defend themselves by saying homosexuals are going to hell. YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! Where they go does not depend on your opinion of that. If homosexuality is a sin like every other, then it is a sin that can be forgiven. They do, however, need to realize that it is a sin, they need to repent, they need to trust in God that He will satisfy them. 

"It's not a choice. I was born gay."
I hear that saying a lot too. And, it's partially right. We are all born sinners. Now, if you're still reading this and you are homosexual, then don't get angry at me saying it's a sin...... cause it is.
I was born a gossiper, rebellious little brat that ended up doing drugs. Me doing drugs and gossiping and all the other sins I've dealt with and am still dealing with are all a choice though. I choose to gossip. I chose to do drugs. Now I'm choosing to follow Christ and say no to past sins. 
If you're gay. Yes, you were born with it. You were born with a nature to sin and being gay is a temptation that you so happen to have. That doesn't mean you have to say yes to it. 

Gay Marriage
Personally, and don't burn my house down for saying this, I do not think Gay marriage should be allowed in Churches. I know I've said in the blog many times that homosexuality is a sin like any other, and I still stick to that, but marriage is a different topic. Marriage is commitment. Commitment to a sin.


I guess the point of making this blog post was just to voice my opinion on this subject.
Do I think homosexuality is wrong?: Yes. Every sin is wrong. However, everyone is a sinner so I am not going to judge a group of people that participate in a specific sin. 
Do I think many Christians have incorrect view points and handle this topic wrong: Yes.
Will homosexuals make it to heaven if their Christians?: Yes and No. If you are a true follower of Christ and homosexual, then you will repent of the sin and run to Christ. If you believe in God, believe that he made you, believe that he died on the cross for your sins but continue to live in them without asking for forgiveness and not turning away from it, I'm not sure. I don't like saying that someone is going to Hell. That's not my job to decide who does. 

I have many friends who are homosexual, and I hope that if you read this you will respect my views and beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment